>Today is a stressful day. Not only do I need to to finish my thesis proposal revisions (which are not insignificant, because my committee wants me to focus more on the biology of cancer), but we’re also in the middle of real estate negotiations. Somehow, this is more than my brain can handle on the same day… At least we should know by 2pm if our counter-offer was accepted on the sales portion of the transaction, which would officially trigger the countdown on the purchase portion of the transaction. (Of course, if it’s not accepted, then more rounds of offers and counter-offers will probably take place this afternoon. WHEE!)
I’m just dreading the idea of doing my comps the same week as trying to arrange moving companies and insurance – and the million other things that need to be done if the real estate deal happens.
If anyone was wondering why my blog posts have dwindled down this past couple of weeks, well, now you know! If the deal does go through, you probably won’t hear much from me for the rest of this year. Some of the key dates this month:
- Dec 1st: hand in completed and reviewed Thesis Proposal
- Dec 5th: Sales portion of real estate deal completes.
- Dec 6th: remove subjects on the purchase, and begin the process of arranging the move
- Dec 7th: Significant Other goes to Hong Kong for~2 weeks!
- Dec 12th: Comprehensive exam (9am sharp!)
- Dec 13th: Start packing 2 houses like a madman!
- Dec 22nd: Hannukah
- Dec 24th: Christmas
- Dec 29th: Completion date on the new house
- Dec 30th: Moving day
- Dec 31st: New Years!
And now that I’ve procrastinated by writing this, it’s time to get down to work. I seem to have stuff to do today.