Every year I try to set out a few resolutions to try to improve my life in some way. Over the years, I’ve done pretty well at keeping them, and I’m usually pretty happy with the results.
This year, I thought I’d work out a few that are a bit more situational.
1. Practice laughing at myself.
2. Practice speaking in Danish, and don’t be afraid of making mistakes.
3. Blog more often, and take more pictures. Discuss more science!
4. Be more assertive with my opinions.
5. Be less patient. I’m way too patient.
6. Read all the fine print.
7. Be more open when communicating – pass on the details more efficiently.
8. Make new friends – and don’t be afraid of rejection.
9. Dont eat lunch at my desk.
10. Spend less time in front of the computer at home.
I think that should do it for now. I’m pretty certain that accomplishing even a few of those will make my time in Denmark more pleasant.
And on that note, the clock is about to hit midnight, so happy new years and all the best in 2012.